Please also review our Community Guidelines document for additional guidelines and consequences associated with violating any of our guidelines.
Guidelines for using Tizen IRC Channels
- Keep it clean: Many of us participate from work, so keep the language clean.
- Don't be a jerk: Treat people with respect and consideration - no regional, racial, gender or other abuse will be tolerated.
- Be helpful: Be patient with new people and be willing to jump in to answer questions.
- Stay calm: The written word is always subject to interpretation, so give people the benefit of the doubt and try not to let emotions get out of control.
- Don't post chunks: Avoid posting big chunks of text - use pastebin or a similar service to shorten it to a link.
- Be Patient: Folks might not be around when you ask a question, so wait a while for someone to speak before leaving.
- Don't Private Message: Ask permission before you send someone a private message (PM). Not everyone likes them. Also, by keeping it in public, others with similar issues can see the solution you were given.
- Don't create new channels: If you think you need a new tizen IRC channel, please contact Thiago Macieira to discuss your request. This is mainly to make sure that every channel has consistent ownership and other settings.
- More information: This IRC primer for new users and the general IRC guidelines, from freenode, are also useful resources.