The 3rd annual Tizen Developer Conference is a technical conference for Tizen developers, App developers, ISVs, Platform designers, Operators, OEMs, Hardware vendors, Software vendors, Open source enthusiasts, and anyone engaged in Tizen.
Tizen development has been primarily focused on mobile and in-vehicle infotainment the past few years, at the developer conference last year we focused largely on building our ecosystem and application development around these platforms. Tizenis expanding beyond Mobile and IVI into a plethora of new devices, join us at this year’s developer event to explore the new opportunities Tizen is creating in this new era of the Internet of Things. Tizen, the OS of everything.
The conference will be held at The Hilton Union Square, in San Francisco, CA, Mon June 2 to Wed June 4, 2014.
Thank you for your submissions!
Call for Papers is now closed.
Read more about the submission categories below:
This year, the program committee is expanding the scope of the conference and is looking for submissions on a wide variety of areas related to the use and to the development of Tizen:
Application development and deployment:
- Upcoming and popular applications (development stories, sharing experiences, etc.)
- Use of the Tizen API and SDK (tutorials, news, tips and tricks for making great applications, development tools, and helpers)
- Strategies for developing applications for Tizen devices using HTML5 or Tizen Native
- Design guidelines and User Experience (different Tizen profiles, form factors, crossing the boundaries between them, and differentiation)
- Deploying Tizen apps worldwide, including monetization, internationalization, and localization
Device development and use of Tizen profiles:
- New devices or profiles and product development stories (experiences, process, challenges, differentiation)
- Improvements and developments in Tizen hardware adaptation (performance, power, Linux kernel developments, porting process, etc.)
- Information around supported hardware platforms (tutorials/introductions, improvements/developments, and challenges)
- Platform tools and process (tutorials/introductions, improvements/developments, tips and tricks, QA etc.)
Tizen project, process, and progress:
- Platform overview and key components (status and roadmap, profile deep-dives, opportunities)
- Activity reports from various project areas
- Future plans on Tizen 3.x, new ideas and suggestions
- Project challenges and discussions on project and process
- Outreach - engaging companies, governments, and others
- Community building and fostering
- Documentation, artwork, infrastructure
We also welcome submissions on any other Tizen related topics. Be creative. The program committee will look at every submission to create a vibrant and interesting conference. If you will need travel support, please note this in your registration.
Below is a high level timeline for your reference.
|CFP Open||Thursday, February 20, 2014|
|CFP Close||Monday, March 31, 2014|
|Speaker Notifications||Wednesday, April 23, 2014|
|Conference Schedule Announcement||Wednesday, April 23, 2014|