Today, we are happy to announce that the Tizen 2.0 alpha source code and SDK are now available. We encourage developers to start working with these new features and functionality and provide feedback that can be used to improve Tizen during the final stages of its development. You can visit the community page to learn more about participating in the Tizen project.
Tizen 2.0 alpha has additional features, tools, and other improvements, including:
- Enhanced Web framework that provides better HTML5/W3C API support and more Tizen Device APIs
- Multi-process Webkit2-based Web Runtime which provides better security and reliability for Web applications
- Advanced HTML5 features such as video subtitles and captions, battery status API, screen orientation API, <keygen> and <details>, and more
- New Tizen Device APIs for file transfer, notifications, and power control
- Advanced IDE & SDK for Web application development
- Install manager support for snapshot-based network installation
- Enhanced support for OpenGL ES
- New Platform SDK that helps platform development based on OBS
More information on the release can be found here: https://source.tizen.org/release
We look forward to getting feedback and making additional enhancements to Tizen over the coming months. There are additional components that we plan to add in the coming weeks, and we will continue to fix bugs and add additional features.
We have also documented the complete development process which leverages state-of-the-art open source management and integration tools to accelerate development and high quality releases. We really encourage developers to participate in the Tizen open source project.
Documentation on development and tools can be found here: https://source.tizen.org/os-development
The Tizen Technical Steering Group