We are pleased to announce the first milestone release of Tizen 5.0. Tizen is commercialized on smart TVs, smartphones, smartwatches, and smart home appliances, and currently supports four profiles: TV, mobile(fridge), wearable and IoT(headless). This milestone release provides developers with new experience for the development of IoT devices, which are connected easily and securely with legacy IoT ecosystems such as the SmartThings™. This release also includes graphics performance enhancements, and introduces Neural Network Runtime preview experimentally in machine learning.
Key highlights of this release are as follows:
- EFL version 1.16 is upgraded to 1.20.
- Web engine base open source version is upgraded from M56 to M63.
- Graphics enhancement:
- Added Windows backend to DALi.
- Added XAML based scriptable UI support for NUI.
- Added support for no-composite mode on Vulkan (20% improvement in performance).
- Multimedia framework:
- GStreamer, Pulseaudio is upgraded to latest stable release.
- ReplayGain feature is added to MediaPlayer.
- App framework is enhanced (Watchface complication framework, TIDL, rpc-port).
- Experimental features included in this release:
- nnfw: Neural Network Runtime preview (development in progress)
- CPU/GPU acceleration support based on ACL (Arm Compute Library), run Inception V3 model successfully
Please refer to the release notes for details.