We are delighted to announce the release of Tizen Studio version 3.0. This is a major release and includes many new features to further improve the performance of Tizen Studio IDE and its tools.
• Tizen Studio 3.0 provides support for iot-headed-5.0 and iot-headless-5.0 profiles.
• Two process model support has been added for iot-5.0 profiles.
In the new two process model support provided, there will be two json files created compared to single json file created in previous iot profiles,
1. master.json - contains the information of the devices and configuration.
2. resource.json - contains the information of all the resources.
These changes will help in creating single master application and multiple resource applications.
• TizenRT now supports docker build.
With the use of docker build, there is no need to install the required libraries and toolchains since the provided Docker container already includes everything required for TizenRT development.
Going forward the docker build will help in extending TizenRT support for Windows.
• The certificate password storage scheme is upgraded using Wincrypt and Secret tools, making the certificate profiles more secure compared to previous versions of Tizen Studio.
Ubuntu 18.04 Support
• Tizen Studio 3.0 now supports Ubuntu 18.04 version.
This release also includes some key bug fixes
- IoT applications can now be installed without the Cloud service certificate and key
- Added a label warning user to terminate all Tizen Studio tasks before installing/uninstalling any package
For more information about the new features and bug fixes, see Release Notes.
To download Tizen Studio, visit https://developer.tizen.org/development/tizen-studio/download