We are pleased to announce Tizen 3.0 first milestone release for TV and Mobile profiles.
This milestone provides developers with Tizen kernel, device drivers, middleware subsystems, and Web/Native APIs, necessary to develop future Tizen compliant solutions and marks feature completion for the key features of Tizen 3.0 TV and Mobile profiles.
Key features integrated in this milestone include:
- 2.4 public API (both Native API and Web API) is backward-compatible with 3.0 TV and Mobile profiles.
- 64bit SoC is tested and verified with 3.0 TV and Mobile profiles.
- 3.0 TV and Mobile profiles support multi-user architecture for multi-user/single-login usage.
- New security architecture: 3 domain smack and Cynara
- Security server and privilege manager are replaced with the new components, security manager and Cynara respectively.
- X server is replaced with Wayland at this version.
- Webkit2 is replaced with Chromium-efl and core components interacting with the web engine are re-designed/re-implemented for the new WRT and browser.
- Buxton2 is introduced. Buxton2 provides secure configuration service based on Cynara and is re-implemented considering multi-user and recovery support.
- Iotivity 0.9.2 is integrated into 3.0 TV and Mobile profiles.
- Generic policy manager, murphy, is integrated into 3.0 platform.
- Linux kernel 4.0 is provided.
Please refer to the release notes for more details.
Tizen Technical Steering Group