We are pleased to announce that Tizen 2.0 source code and SDK are now available at https://developer.tizen.org/downloads/sdk. Tizen 2.0 represents a major milestone for software developers and device vendors. We encourage you to download the new SDK, and let us know what you think of it after you have installed and used it. If you have questions, or need to submit bugs, please visit our community page.
This release includes many new features and improvements over Tizen 1.0 released in April, and Tizen 2.0 alpha in September, 2012. As a Tizen 2.0 developer, you will find strong HTML5/W3C APIs and a new native framework. Highlights of this release include:
- Enhanced Web framework that provides state-of-the-art HTML5/W3C API support
- Web UI framework, including full-screen and multi-window support
- Additional Tizen device APIs, such as Bluetooth and NFC support, and access to the device’s calendar, call history, and messaging subsystems
- Web Runtime framework supporting new configuration elements for specifying the required features and privileges, and providing the basic runtime environment for NPRuntime plugins
- Native framework supporting full-featured application development and providing a variety of features such as background applications, IP Push, and TTS (Text-To-Speech)
- Core and native reference applications including Calendar, Contacts, Gallery, Phone, Settings, and Video Player
- Native IDE providing a project wizard, WYSIWYG design environment, unit test tool, and dynamic analyzer
Go to https://source.tizen.org/release for more information on the release. If you are interested in building Tizen for your own devices, documentation on development and tools is found here: https://source.tizen.org/os-development.
We strongly encourage developers to attend the Tizen Developer Conference, to be held in May 2013 in San Francisco. The conference will cover a variety of Tizen-related topics, including presentations on both application and platform development. The call for papers and the registration for this conference are now open, see https://www.tizen.org/events/tizen-developer-conference/2013.
The Tizen Technical Steering Group